Personal Power ~ Family Love ~ Intelligence ~ Loyalty ~ Diversity ~ Friendship ~ Teamwork ~ Courage ~ Integrity ~ Acceptance ~ Forgiveness ~ Good over Evil

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to the Michael Vey Advisory Blog!

On behalf of Richard Paul Evans, thank you for bringing flight to Michael Vey and kids everywhere who will find their reading wings within its pages.

This blog is for our advisory counsel. I will email you the information you need to post here. Please feel free to do so, or email me with information you would like included. This is your site.

We are a powerful group with unique talents, interests, contacts and experiences. Together we will do great things! Already, we have written curriculum and reading tests, taken Michael Vey to school districts and other decision makers within schools, approached literary groups and national reading lists. And that's just the beginning!

Please share your ideas and suggestions with one another. Also, Barry Evans and I are here to assist you in anything you need personally or in your sub-committees. Don't hesitate to call on us! We are grateful for your amazing energy and are excited to go on this ride with all of you!

We will hold our second Michael Vey meeting March 1st @ 6:00 pm (mst) at Marie Callendar's. At this meeting we will be sharing what we have done so far and our sub-committees' action plans. We will also provide synergizing ideas, support and coordination with each other.

FYI, we are forming a Michael Vey Youth Counsel, an exclusive group for kids between 12 and 15, who will be meeting on February 22 @ 6:00 pm at Fat Cats (Pizza Factory) 900 East 3739 South, SLC. We have room for a few more youth, so please contact me if you have someone you would like to participate in this group.

With Much Appreciation,
Karen Roylance

3 comments:

  1. Greetings Everyone! I'm trying this for the first time and hoping I'm doing this the right way...guess I won't know for sure until I hit the "post comment" button and see if this shows up somewhere for all to see...here goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...it worked, so here's how I did it: I logged in using the email and password Karen sent and since I didn't see a button in the right hand corner to click on (as instructed to do) I just hit the "post comment" button and a text box appeared. So, I hope more of you will try this so we can get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Jenni Davis and I teach gifted children in grades 3 - 6 in a small rural public school near Dayton, Ohio. I just received my first copy of Michael Vey this week and finished reading it last night...WOW! What a book! I'm totally in love with Michael, Taylor, Ostin...and even Jack and Wade! But Rick, I'm a little surprised that you were capable of creating such evil villains! Ooooo...I just hated Hatch and Nichelle! I'm going to loan my book to my principal so he can read it this weekend, and then I'll start sharing it with students next week. I've already chosen the one who will get to read it first...the smallest boy in my 5th grade class. Can't wait to see how he'll react.

    ReplyDelete